Classical 24 is a nationally syndicated classical music service dedicated to live classical music programming 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
C24 hosts carefully craft each broadcast to ensure their companionable storytelling is engaging and relevant to the listener. These knowledgeable hosts illuminate the music they present with well-researched insightful information, taking care that the music is accessible and stimulating for novices and aficionados alike.
Scott Blankenship, Jeff Esworthy, Valerie Kahler, Jillene Khan, Bonnie North, Kevin O’Connor, Melissa Ousley, Mindy Ratner, Melanie Renate, Steve Seel, and Lynne Warfel
Fill-in hosts are Julie Amacher, Ward Jacobson, Liz Lyon, Bill Morelock and Steve Staruch
Number of Programs/Frequency
You can request your own custom promo. Please complete the custom promo form.
Fundraising episodes, segments and promos are available on ContentDepot.
Classical 24 Features
For more than 25 years, C24 has provided classical music and value-added customized promos and fundraising services to stations across the country. C24 hosts guide listeners into the heart of the classical repertoire, with carefully selected playlists that represent both classical favorites and lesser-known works. In our programming, we also strive to represent as many voices as possible, especially those under-represented in the field of classical music, including women and people of color.
Our hosts love classical music as much your listeners. We carefully craft each broadcast to illuminate the music we present, while ensuring that every program is accessible and stimulating for novices and aficionados alike. This requires research, in-depth historical knowledge and the ability to be a great companion of the music, while also making it relevant to listeners today.
Our hosts are your hosts. Often listeners assume C24 hosts are sitting in their local station's studio. C24 is designed to make your station sound fabulous, while allowing your own station's brand to shine. We sound local because our on-air presentation has universal appeal.
Classical 24 also offers value added programming, which is presented by our on-air hosts.
- Composer's Datebook: John Birge offers historical musical insights each weekday at 6:01 AM (CT) and 4:01 PM (CT)
- Euro-Classic: Scott Blankenship offers an exclusive live performance of European orchestras each Wednesday night at 12:00 AM (CT) and Saturday at 8 PM (CT).
- Extra Eclectic: Steve Seel shares two hours of the best new and contemporary classical music each Wednesday night at 10 PM (CT), where classical music is always arriving.
- New Classical Tracks: Julie Amacher hosts a five-minute exploration of new classical recordings, with artist’s telling their stories behind the music each Wednesday at 5:01 PM (CT) and Saturdays at 9:01 AM (CT). (Also an extended podcast that listeners can download!)
- Saturday Cinema: Lynne Warfel dives deep into film scores for two hours of movie music. Each Saturday morning at 10:00 AM (CT).
- YourClassical Story: A beautifully produced two-minute feature that gives your listeners the chance to tell their story about why classical music is so meaningful to them. Airs Mondays in the 8 PM (CT) hour, Wednesdays in the 9 AM (CT) hour, and Saturdays in the 11 AM (CT) hour.
- Rhapsody in Black: Host Vernon Neal turns up the voices of Black artists in the world of classical music. He shares their stories and the impact they’ve had on the world of classical music. Thursday nights at 9 PM (CT) and Sunday Afternoons at 4 PM (CT).
C24 is the only 24/7 live-hosted classical music service, which allows us to be in touch with events of the day that are important to your listeners. C24 stays on top of our ever-changing world and has the flexibility to hand-pick musical selections to match events of the day.
For more information about "Classical 24" and the team of professional hosts, contact your Station Relations Representative.
C24 hosts carefully craft each broadcast. Lively, engaging, and knowledgeable, they illuminate the music they present with well-researched insightful information, taking care that every program is accessible and stimulating for novices and aficionados alike.
Host Schedule effective March 3, 2023
C24 is heard by more than 1.3 million listeners each week.*
The C24 audience:
- 50% female, 50% male.
- Median age of 67, with 23% between 25 and 54.
- 68% hold bachelor's degrees or higher.
- 43% have an annual household income of $75,000 or more.
*Source: ACT1 Systems based on Nielsen Audio Nationwide DMA P12+ Audience Estimates, Spring 2022